Skip to content

Motor Pool

The motor pool department manages the operations of Snow College vehicle fleet. This includes all college owned vehicles, state leased vehicles and utility vehicles. We ensure that all drivers of college vehicles are properly licensed and trained to safely operate the college vehicles. We also assist departments in purchasing and maintaining their vehicles to state standards. For questions about Motor Pool, please see the Motor Pool FAQ, Vehicle Policy, Authorized Use of State Vehicles or submit a question via email to ude.wons@nesdam.ycart.

Mandatory Trainings

The completion of the State of Utah Defensive Driving Training course is required when driving for official Snow College business. Utility cart training is required when driving any of the college owned utility/golf carts. Large van training is required prior to driving the college sprinter vans.

Reserving a motor pool vehicle

The college has cars, vans, SUV’s and sprinter vans available to rent for official college use. Faculty, staff and students can reserve these vehicles by submitting a request using the link below. A cost code and approval from the budget holder is required for reservation. An email to confirm the reservation will be sent along with instructions for picking up and returning the vehicle(s). The budget provided will be billed at the rate in the chart below.

  Sedans/Cars SUVs Sprinter Vans Other Fees Insurance
Mileage Rate $0.50 /mile $0.75 /mile $1.10 /mile Cleaning fee when extra cleaning is required.
No show & No Notification Fee $25
Dept. pays deductible on preventable incidents

Requirements for Department Vehicle Acquisition

Due to state legislation, Snow and all other agencies cannot increase the size of their fleets without approved legislation from the state. A request must be submitted in September of every year, to be presented to the legislature in March. If approved, the slot becomes available in July of that year. Please complete and submit the acquisition below before September of this year. If it is approved, it will be added to the agenda and you will be notified of the legislature’s decision. If approved, a vehicle can then be purchased AFTER July 1 of that year. You will need to work with the fleet manager to get the vehicle properly registered and insured.

Requirements for Department Utility Vehicle

Prior authorization is required before purchasing a department utility/golf cart. Please complete and submit the acquisition found at the link below. You will be notified when your request has been approved. After approval you can work with the procurement office to purchase a vehicle using a state contracted vendor. Registration and insurance information will need to be given to the fleet manager.

Reporting a Vehicle Incident

All vehicle incidents must be reported to the State of Utah and Snow College. This includes utility carts, ATV, motor pool and college owned vehicles. Please use the links below to complete these reports. Please email ude.wons@nesdam.ycart for questions.

Team Members

Ephraim Campus

Tracy Madsen

Richfield Campus

Matt Nielson